Watch Your Step in the Workplace
Slips, trips, and falls in the workplace can be prevented fairly easily. But it takes a systematic and comprehensive approach.
• Conduct detailed inspections of the work area on a regular basis; • Identify slip, trip, and fall hazards;
• Investigate all slip, trip, and fall hazard reports;
• Investigate all incidents involving slips, trips, and falls;
• Correct all slip, trip, and fall hazards immediately;
• Establish safe work practices;
• Enforce housekeeping rules and schedules;
• Provide effective training to make employees aware of hazards and measures to prevent slips, trips, and falls; and
• Post warning signs to alert workers to slip, trip, and fall hazards.